Date(s) - 09/08/2015
12:00 am - 8:00 pm
Angel City Brewery
Category(ies) No Categories
It’s that time of year again. The time when we celebrate our state fruit in all of it’s glory. Avocado Festival is back in its 3rd year on August 9, and with it comes one of our favorite limited batch beers, Avocado Ale!
Avocado Ale made its debut back in 2012 when we challenged ourselves to brew a delicious, guacamole-inspired beer. Avocado Ale turned out to be a hit, and its been making an annual comeback ever since. Here are some of the stats on this year’s batch:
- Approximately 37 pounds of avocados were used
- It took 4 of our employees 3 hours just to prep the avocados and cilantro.
- Avocado Ale is brewed with garlic, lime juice, red pepper and honey
- Contrary to what you might think, Avocado Ale isn’t green. It’s a light, kolsch style beer with a slight haze.
Avocado Ale will be available at the Public House for a limited time, with the first kegs being tapped during Avocado Festival.
This year’s festival will feature:
- Brewer-led tours with a focus on the Avocado Ale brewing process
- Live chalk art
- Specialty flight bars
- Avocado Bazaar presented by Raven Gypsies
- Avocado Amusements, including avocado corn hole and an avocado hunt
- Avocado photo booth
- Gallery exhibit by PJ Andrews
- Live music in our beer hall by: Fungame, Seaghouls, Denmantau and The Bloodhounds
The event runs from 12-8pm, and will benefit Food Forward, a local non-profit whose mission is to rescue fresh, local produce that would otherwise go to waste, and provide it to people in need, while inspiring others to do the same. $1 from every Avocado Ale sold will benefit Food Forward.
We hope you can join us for the celebration, and if you can’t, don’t worry. Avocado Ale will be available for a limited time on draft at the Public House.